04 January 2022Back to Blog
Why You Should Backup Your Ecommerce Store
When you build an online store, creating a backup should be one of your first priorities. Merchants commonly assume that their eCommerce platform is fully protected from external risks and should an error occur, their customer support team can come to the rescue. However, without a backup system in place, all stores are prone to malicious attacks, data deletion and further issues caused by human error.
There are a number of services you can use to backup your store. For example, Rewind can help you protect your businesses valuable data and give you peace of mind that your assets are safe and secure. Rewind makes it possible for you to backup single or multiple items, or even revert your entire online store to a previous version.
Reasons to Backup Your Store
- You won’t lose all your hard work
- Gain protection against threats or viruses
- Less likely to lose sales and customers due to downtime
- Less time and money spent on site recovery
- Peace of mind
It’s pretty essential for any large store to have a backup system in place, but you’ll also want to make sure you’re choosing the right one. Not every system offers the same things so you’ll want to ensure you do your research beforehand.
You should consider the following when choosing your backup system:
- How regularly are you backing up your site? Ideally, every time your site is amended you should back it up so the latest version is saved.
- Where is the backup saved? You need to make sure your backup is secure, by saving it in a different location or server to the one your website is hosted on.
- Is the backup easily accessible? If things do go wrong, you’ll need to be able to find your backup quickly and easily to avoid any added pressure.
Your site is often the foundation of your eCommerce business and by not protecting it, you are potentially risking losing essential data which could be devastating for your business. So make sure you save yourself a lot of time and stress and backup your store.